Below find recipes that are not only delicious but healthy. As you start on your new journey of eating foods that are good for your health, we want to help you find ways to prepare foods that will help you achieve that goal. Click on a link to either view or download a MS Word document or PDF document containing the recipe. The PDF requires Adobe Reader, which you can get FREE at www.adobe.com.
- Pumpkin-Date Corn Bread - DOC (44 kB) - PDF (98 kB)
Try not to eat more than just one slice of this when it's still warm from the oven.
- Banana Muffins - DOC (31 kB) - PDF (129 kB)
- Blueberry Pancakes - DOC (27 kB) - PDF (125 kB)
- French Toast - DOC (26 kB) - PDF (114 kB)
- Granola - DOC (28 kB) - PDF (122 kB)
- Muesli - DOC (27 kB) - PDF (105 kB)
- Orange Grove Refresher - DOC (26 kB) - PDF (124 kB)
- Whole Wheat Granola Waffles - DOC (30 kB) - PDF (122 kB)
- Chocolate Bundt Cake - DOC (28 kB) - PDF (99 kB)
Here's a healthy dessert. There's no eggs, no shortening, virtually fat free and it has prunes!
- Date & Cashew Nut Truffles - DOC (41 kB) - PDF (90 kB)
Here's an easy to make dessert that provides an exciting and delicious alternative to chocolate.
- Lemon Cheesecake - DOC (26 kB) - PDF (176 kB)
A healthy alternative to a very rich desert that is easy to make and modify to suit your taste.
- Awe Full Falafel - DOC (30 kB) - PDF (121 kB)
This awfully good vegetarian delight is the pride of the Middle East.
- Big Bertha Burger - DOC (45 kB) - PDF (148 kB)
Here is a tasty veggie burger that is totally wholesome, free of additives often found in most supermarket varieties.
- Black Bean Polenta Casserole - DOC (29 kB) - PDF (156 kB)
Here is a very tasty entrée that you can make quickly and is sure to be a hit.
- Black Bean Wrap & Refried Beans - DOC (27 kB)
This fun recipe is sure to be a hit with the kids and it is quick and easy to make.
- Edamame Curry Stir-Fry - DOC (29 kB) - PDF (90 kB)
Edamame can be served as a side dish or in a stir-fry on a bed of rice.
- Little Greek Pies - DOC (26 kB) - PDF (173 kB)
Tired of the same ole, same ole? These Little Greek Pies with spinach and phylo pastry are a real treat.
- Tofu Croquettes - DOC (30 kB) - PDF (191 kB)
A really tasty entrée that finds people asking for more.
- Herb Garden Couscous and Black Bean Salad - DOC (28 kB) - PDF (140 kB)
This substantial salad is reminiscent of tabbouleh, a Middle Eastern grain salad but I like it a lot better. We made it for lunch and with pita bread it was a delightful meal all on its own.
Some of these recipes have been taken from the Vital Vittles Cookbook and others were prepared especially for Summit 2007.
- All recipes in one file - PDF (135 kB)
- Sausage Breakfast Gravy - PDF (44 kB)
- Millet Rice Breakfast - PDF (43 kB)
- Scrambled Tofu with Veggies - PDF (57 kB)
- Blackbean and Coconut Curry - PDF (44 kB)
- Cashew Nut Loaf - PDF (56 kB)
- Bonzo Burgers - PDF (52 kB)
- Red Lentil Soup - PDF (40 kB)
- Cream of Wild Rice Soup - PDF (46 kB)
- Pepper Island Dressing - PDF (44 kB)
- Sedaven Spinach Salad - PDF (36 kB)
- Quinoa - PDF (37 kB)
- German Carob Cake - PDF (47 kB)
- Lemon Fruit Tart - PDF (45 kB)
Some of this collection of recipes were taken from the Vital Vittles Cookbook and others were prepared especially for Summit 2006.
- All recipes in one file - PDF (103 kB)
- Apple Berry Crisp - PDF (30 kB)
- Banana Bread - PDF (25 kB)
- Broccoli Slaw - PDF (22 kB)
- Easy Ranch Dressing - PDF (27 kB)
- Edamame Corn Salad - PDF (20 kB)
- Herbed Tofu Dip - PDF (22 kB)
- Pecan Cake - PDF (28 kB)
- Pecan Meatballs (Tofu Meatballs) - PDF (26 kB)
- Pepper Island Dressing - PDF (25 kB)
- Raisin Pecan Pilaf - PDF (21 kB)
- Stroganoff - PDF (24 kB)
- Tomato Bruschetta - PDF (71 kB)
Here is a collection of the principal recipes used at CHIP Summit 2005 in Glorieta, New Mexico.
- All recipes in one file - DOC (100 kB)
- Apple Berry Crisp - DOC (32 kB)
- Applesauce Spice Cake - DOC (32 kB)
- Carob Date Cake - DOC (28 kB)
- Easy Ranch Dressing - DOC (28 kB)
- Indian Lentil Vegetable Soup - DOC (28 kB)
- Oat Sausage - DOC (28 kB)
- Oatmeal Chip Cookies - DOC (28 kB)
- Pancakes - DOC (28 kB)
- Pizza - DOC (28 kB)
- Pumpkin Muffins - DOC (20 kB)
- Romaine Cranberry Salad - DOC (28 kB)
- Tofu Scrambled with Veggies - DOC (28 kB)
- Vegetable Chili - DOC (28 kB)
The first edition of The Optimal Diet Cookbook has proven to be a major best-seller since its appearance in 2007. Nearly every new cookbook has its typos and needs a few adjustments to recipe details to achieve the intended result and this book was no exception. While waiting for an expanded and improved 2nd edition, you can click on the link below to see the corrections that have been carefully prepared by Darlene Blaney, co-author of the cookbook.
The Optimal Diet Cookbook -- Correction Sheet – PDF